WHAT will I Learn?
These 3-hour classes are led by League of American Bicyclists certified instructors and are designed to:
• Build your confidence for riding in traffic
• Learn defensive riding techniques
• Learn proper positioning on roadways
• Practice these skills with guidance
The class involves instruction in the classroom as well as on the bike. On-bike activities include some basic parking lot drills and a supervised ride. Our instructors have experience teaching a wide range of ages and skill levels and will adapt instruction to best meet the needs of the participants.
What Are the Class Requirements?
Requirements for each participant:
- Must be at least 12 years old to participate
- A bike in good working order (ABC Quick Check)
- A helmet
- Secure, closed-toe shoes
- Comfortable clothing that is easy to move in
- A water bottle
- We will have a few snacks but encourage you to bring lunch or something more substantial
How Much Does it Cost?
$15 a person (adult or child over 12)
For family groups, each additional family member is $7
Scholarships are available on request, use the Contact Form to get in touch with us.
Scholarships for those living in ABCCM's Veteran's Restoration Quarters are also available. Use the Contact Form to get in touch with us.
When, Where and How?
TIME & DATES: Classes are on the 2nd Saturdays from 10 AM – 1PM during April, May, June, August, September & October. See our Upcoming Events page for course and event information.
REGISTRATION: Sign up for one of our classes on our Registration page. We need at least three (3) people to register to host a class - if you sign up and we do not have the minimum attendees, we will cancel the class.